http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WOYWW 244

Wednesday, where did the week go again, makes me wonder how I ever found time to work!!
I decided this year I would actually join in with a few challenges, usually I see them and think, mmmm I could do that, I start with great intentions but time seems to overtake me and before I´ve finished everyone has moved on to the next one. Surprisingly I did actually finish one, the mixed media challenge across at Splitcoaststampers, it was rather messy but I really enjoyed it.


 My desk this week, well the purple bits of card are left over from the mixed media challenge, I managed three pieces by pressing them over my gelli plate, one piece I made into a card, the one with the white die cut resting on the top I embossed and then rubbed Indigo Treasure gold over the raised part. I would really love more colours but I´m saving my craft money to spend on our trip to England.

You can see in the background a whole mess of bits from discarded projects, yes, you can see a Christmas tree, its a new stamp I bought, another challenge that I didn't finish!! there´s also some stencilled card, I used the bare branches stencil but it didn't turn out as planned so its in the heap, I live in hopes that one day I will suddenly find some inspiration and use all these bits and pieces but seeing as I threw away some from about six years ago I don't think that's likely but being a hoarder I somehow cant part with them.

I hope the weather is being kind to you wherever you are, sunny but a few clouds over here.
Have a great day and thanks for popping over.

Jan x

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm really into purple at the moment, Jan, so am liking the look of your work! Please can you show a closeup next week? I'd like to see more of the detail!
    If you haven't used the stored stash in 6 years then my advice is be brave and chuck it...you'll feel ever so much better. And you'll have more storage space. Win Win, in my opinion!! Lol
    Hugs LLJ 33 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I' lovin the purple effects using the gelli plate. I gotta try that...someday. Thanks for sharing Carole #76

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, you sound like me. I kind of play with things, but don't get the challenge done! LOL I still haven't got the courage to order the gelli plate. Like you said then I have to get the paint.... But your purple piece is so pretty! :) Thanks for your nice comments earlier on my Blog! #27

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effects you can get with the gelli plate, there are so many uses for the papers you can create. Thank you for visiting me. Karen # 58

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jan, Jan. Chuck it and make room for something you'll use. As I've just read on Cindy's blog, you won't have a space for long 'Nature abhors a vacuum' she says! Hey - you're not going to be in England in May are ya? May 24th id the WOYWW get together...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean by hoarding all those little bits and pieces, I used to do it all the time. I learned to grit my teeth and throw it away to make room for more! I do have a clear box for each colour of tiny bits, but told myself I had enough, and I won't start saving again until the box is almost empty and needs filling! As someone once said - there will always be more paper! Lindart #105

    ReplyDelete