http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WOYWW 269

Hello fellow desk hoppers, I`m hoping I manage to Join in this week, I thought I had a problem with my blog but a kind person from SCS took a look, thanks so much Leeann, it seems I had put a digit too many in my URL causing the problem, a senior moment! so here goes, lets hope I can do it right this week.



Well here's my desk, not much activity with the heat but back left is another fireplace, this time a Christmas One, I'm trying to make it flat pack so it fits in my suitcase without getting damaged.
 I will glue it all together when I arrive, I'm still fiddling around with it, as you can just see I've made the tiles for the hearth, I had to buy myself a brick EF, I tried printing brick card but didn't really like how it looked, I think you can just see a piece, I ran my tea dye ink over the raised parts, I think its looking quite effective.
Other things are a couple of Christmas cards for the Splitcoast Stamper Challenge, still not finished, and the piece with the purple flowers is what I've been messing with, that is the right term too, I have always wanted some Gesso, everyone seems to use it so I finally bought some and then didn't know what on earth to do with it, I had a go with it yesterday, managed to get it everywhere but its what you would say is work in progress, no idea what its going to be used for but I really enjoyed myself!!! Oh and I found an out of date phone card to use as a spreader too, better than using my cricut spatular anyway.

Short and sweet this week as I have to go and supervise the chopping down of my prize Yucca, after 11 years it has to go as its pushing up the tiles in the garden, poor thing started life only a foot high, now its a whopping 9 foot high and about five foot wide.

Thanks for your visit and comments, they are much appreciated, hope you all have a good weekend

Jan x

13 comments:

  1. You are not alone ...I know all about linking problems. lovely pics of your holiday.
    Sandra de @52

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting my desk...very interesting fireplace card, would love to see it finished. Cheers and have a great week RobynO#29

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Those senior moments - know a bit about them too :) Glad you got the linking sorted out in the end. It looks as though you have plenty projects going on there. I well remember buying Gesso and then not knowing what to do with it ... it's fun learning though. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #53

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got it sorted - technology can be a pain, but without it would we all be sharing in the WOYWW experience? Nope. Will hope to see the fireplace in full glory ...but not too soon. I reckon I'll be ready to start thinking about Xmas in maybe November...

    :)


    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project on your desk especially the fireplace! It is hot here too so I stay inside mostly! Goofy me, I hit the return twice so my WOYWW for this week AND last week is on this week's linky list. Ugh. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and if you get a chance you can click on #67 my desk THIS week. :) Happy WOYWW! ~Sandy in Texas #67

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great desk, looking forward to seeing the fireplace finished. I love using my gesso. It's the base for all my paintings. I put paint into it and make the first layer a blend of around three colours and then work up from there. It also seals the canvas so I can put lots of water and gooey things on.
    Have a great week,
    Von #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get all that packed away and it travels safely! Thanks for stopping by. Helen 7

    ReplyDelete
  8. Computers LOL! they do it on purpose.
    Have a good week and happy crafting, Angela x # 38

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely things on your desk. I like the fireplace card in the making.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for the late visit but better late than never! Looks like you have all sorts going on there, I'm intrigued by the fireplace. Hope all went well with the yucca :o)
    Annie C #54

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for popping by my blog earlier this week and SO sorry it has taken me until now to return the visit. I love your fireplace cards ... what a brilliant idea! Really sorry to hear about your yucca plant ... I'd hate to see it go too. I've just blogged about progress on my crochet project if you are interested ... got a long way to go! Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is some Yucca. I have something similar to a Yucca in my garden (2 of them) which are huge - the gardener dumps anything others are asking him to throw away in our garden. It's great having a surprise plant now and then.
    Good luck with the cards.
    Thanks for visiting me earlier, sorry I am so late I have been on holiday - Hugs, Neet xx 13

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a huge yucca! Good idea to pack the fireplace flat for transport and assemble it when you get there. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.#37

    ReplyDelete