http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WOYWW 270

How quickly Wednesdays roll around, I'm afraid there's not much happening on my desk due to the humidity up here so I thought I would show you our seafront.


 I took this photo last Thursday night, 7.45pm, it was still glorious and still people were arriving at the beach, being British we were already showered and having a cool drink while making our minds up where to eat, something we've never come to terms with since living here is eating so late!
Anyway this is where we have our daily walk,  it's 1km each way so our first stop is at La Gloria for a coffee, I'm not saying we're regulars but the waiter walks out with our coffee before we've sat down if he spots us passing the Marina,!! it gives Steve a chance to have a breather before heading back to the other end for breakfast, usually tomatoes on toasted granary stick and fresh orange juice, we don't even have to order there either, as we arrive Miriam asks, normal? we say Si, we aren't really are creatures of habit!!!!




 I briefly mentioned last week about our Yucca having to be chopped down, it was starting to push the tiles up in the garden, this is the root! and the happy chaps that managed to get it out, it took them a couple of hours of hacking at the roots with one of those tools they dig roads up with!  one stood on the trunk rocking it backwards and forwards while hanging on to the top of the wall, in all this heat too, 32c.
 After Steve had paid them he sent them on their way with a cold beer and a jar of home made Marmalade each.
I think it looks so bare now but we are still debating what to put in its place.




My stash arrived last week but I totally forgot to post the photo, it was mainly texture paste and paints, I bought the Mixed media book ages ago but wouldn't you know I didn't have half the stuff I needed to try the techniques, I have had a little dabble but maybe when the weather cools and I get stuck in I'll be able to show you some samples!

I think I've rambled on for long enough so I'll wish you all a happy WOYWW, have a great weekend and I look forward to having a peep at your desks.

Jan x


6 comments:

  1. Love the palm-trees at the beach... we don't have those overhere on our 'boulevard' at 'my' beach - the mixed-media book is one I don't recognize... will look it up though. Love the stencil on your desk - I have something similar and use it a lot! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #56

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you can just feel the heat from your post Jan...Mmm ;D
    We've got a tree to remove but I'm hoping ours won't be quite like yours although I'm thinking I better get the beer and marmalade ready!
    Lovely stash...so fun ahead when it cools a little.
    Enjoy!
    Happy WOYWW Neesie #48

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book looks super interesting! Have fun!

    Katie (67)
    http://adventuremonkeys.blogspot.com/2014/08/woyww.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that must have been a HUGE yucca plant! I used to live in the desert and they get pretty big!

    Your mixed media goodies look like fun! I've been wanting to dip into that a little myself...one of these days!

    Happy WOYWW
    Amy E. #7
    Scrapthissavethat.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lat winter was brutal and our yuccas were damaged but after some TLC they are slowly reviving. Looked up that book 101 mixed media techniques and put it on my Amazon wish list. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Diane #52

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, here I am very late! Sorry, but you know I have been very busy, and now very tired! LOL. I enjoyed reading about your walks and your yucca plant. Too bad about loosing that. Can't wait to see what you do with your stash and mixed media book. I have done one page so far in mine. :). I would tell you happy WOYWW, but we are past that! Thank you for stopping by my Blog last week, oh and I am glad you got yours fixed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete