http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WOYWW 273

Happy WOYWW, I hope the weather is being kind to all of you fellow deskers, the temperature in the car was showing 36c as we drove back from the beach this morning at 10am!!
I must admit it was quite an effort walking back and only the thought of cool orange juice and breakfast kept us going this morning I can tell you.


 This was my desk a few days ago, trying out ideas for my Christmas Fireplace, its still not finished but its a little bit nearer as you can just see in the photo below, I had to give up on the flat pack idea as it was far too complicated measuring everything.
I've made the little Christmas Stockings, they are hiding inside the fireplace, the breeze from the window keeps blowing them on the floor! I'm trying to find a way to use the dog somewhere too.  


You'll notice how tidy my work top is now, well the part you can actually see, I had to clear a space as Steve has just finished writing book number four,  the exciting adventures of Joey, Charlie and the two headed Dragon,  Joey insisted it had two heads!!  we  spent yesterday afternoon laying all the pages out in order so its now its  on the dining table to ready to have the pages laminated. 

The cards are gift wallets, they open up with two pockets inside, one to hold a tag with a sentiment on and the other to put Christmas money in, much easier and cheaper than buying presents for sons and DIL's seeing as we all live in different countries!

Well must be off to visit some desks so until next week, enjoy the sun if you have some,  and have a great weekend

Jan x


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting my desk. I like what's going on, on your desk...the two blue cards are lovely. Cheers RobynO#24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr we could do with some of your sun over here in the UK Jan - autumn is definitely on its way! Your little fireplace looks fab - I love working in miniature like that. Happy WOYWW from Helen 52

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gift tags are really lovely, Jan and the wallet bit to hold them in place is a great idea. I always get fed up with things falling out of cards! The fireplace is so cute as well - I do hope you manage to include the pooch somehow!
    Hugs, LLJ 20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are lovely Jan. Here in Lincoln UK the weather is still quite warm though we have had some rain too, nice and sunny this afternoon.
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 34

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beach trips, 36C oh yes please ;D
    I'm looking out of the window at wind and rain. It's like living in a cloud today.
    Oh well thank goodness there's art/crafts. Your fireplace looks fantastic and the little dog will just be perfect if he can feature somewhere.
    Send some sun this way if you can... in the meantime stay cool and enjoy WOYWW Neesie #43

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely things in the process pile here, unlike me. Had to smile at you returning fro the beach at 10 am in the heat (36!!). It's rained here and twice now we have had the central heating on. Oh dear winter is coming.
    Hugs, Neet 14 xx

    ReplyDelete