http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WOYWW 292

Happy New Year, its been a few months since I've been around to join you all on a Wednesday as  we had an extended visit to our family in San Francisco. We started our trip in London with our Eldest son and Gf before flying out to Chicago for three days, it really lived up to its name ¨The Windy City¨as you can see from the photo below.


 This was out on the lake, where we all ended up in the downstairs
lounge leaving the poor girl narrating on the upper deck on her own,
luckily she did have some cover from the rain. Thankfully the other two days were dry.
We spent three days and two nights travelling across country on the Californian Zephyr, an amazing experience, we had an en suite cabin on the top deck so was able to take in all the views going through Denver, Salt Lake City and the Rockie Mountains, arriving in San Francisco where our youngest son was waiting for us. The train is an amazing sight, being a double decker,  I took this photo after we had passed through the Rockies.


We celebrated our two Grandsons birthdays, my birthday, which is Halloween so we had an evening of Trick O Treating, our Grandson who is six told all his friends I was a witch and said I needed to prove it to him by making his bed fly around the room, If only!! 
We were fortunately able to stay long enough to spend our first Thanksgiving with them too before flying home. Luckily we had really warm weather so we had some lovely days out down the coast.

Of course quite a few days were spent craft shopping at Michaels and Joanns with my DIL who managed to spend even more than I did, we followed that by meeting up with our other halves in the city to have lunch at Macy`s Cheesecake Factory, no wonder she bought me a Jawbone to monitor how much exercise I`m doing!
 I haven`t done any crafting since, just a little try out of my new dies, I seemed to have lost my mojo so I`ll just show you what I managed to squeeze into my suitcase.


I`ll finish there and nip along to see what exciting things you all have on your desks, until next week, Happy WOYWW








9 comments:

  1. Jan, so good to see you back at WOYWW! What great photos, and what a wonderful trip! Your stash looks interesting and fun! Maybe after visiting some of the deskers, you will get some mojo back! #59

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to WOYWW! And what a fascinating trip! I would love the opportunity to ride a train! Thanks for popping by and Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #47

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Jan, what a wonderful trip. The Zephyr sounds amazing, that's the sort of travelling we like to do :-) So glad you had a good time over there but it's nice to see you back on the desks too!
    Hugs, LLJ 18 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, sounds like a great trip (and you got to do craft shopping - bliss!) Hope you get your mojo back soon. Thanks for your earlier visit, Cindy #44

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an incredible journey. New stash is enough to get the Mojo flowing again,
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #22

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss shopping in the States!!! Everything I get now is ordered online, and then you play the waiting game. Must better to buy in person! Looks like you did well with Spellbinder dies and some lovely Ranger products! Enjoy!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #33

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely trip, Jan. I know you look forward to this time with your family in the states. Let's get that Mojo going, shall we? Maybe Valentines for those grandsons :-)

    Too funny about the witch. LOL child must have recently watched Bednobs and Broomsticks Creative Blessings! Kelly #53

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jan
    So brilliant to have you back blogging ! Thanks for your visit. It sounds like you have had a wonderful time in San Fran - and what an amazing way to see the country on the train !
    I think we are all having a bit of "blank page" freeze and not sure how to get our creative juices flowing again !! I think I just need to start playing & see what happens next ! Have fun with you great new stash ! Love Ali xxx #21

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic journey you have made! Lucky girl! And seeing your children too of course. I've been on one of those trains in Canada. Spectacular!
    Oh you have spoilt yourself with all that stash! I see lots of dies and an envelope maker. Also some distress ink pads plus 'dabbers'. You are going to have fun! Your travel experience should give you plenty of inspiration.
    I know it's late in the week but have a good one,
    Lisca#25

    ReplyDelete