http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WOYWW 293

I`m doing well managing to join in the desk hop two weeks running, I cant say I`m doing quite so well on the crafting front! 


Well here`s my desk showing my new smash book, I´ve been wanting one for absolutely ages and was quite excited when it arrived, flipping through the pages thinking of all things I could put in to it, so why is it as soon as I open the pages does my mind go blank! 

 I`m using it as a travel journal to have a reminder of all our trips and for the family to see what we get up to over here, so thinking our train journey would inspire me I decided to make that the first layout, big mistake, I have so many photos I can`t choose between them so I`m already thinking this might have to be a double spread, I`ve watched so many You tube videos about this and it looks sooooo easy, you never know maybe next week I will have been inspired and have it finished, don`t hold your breath though!



Under the map sits my Big shot, I suddenly thought yesterday just after I had switched the computer off that maybe I could scan parts of the map to stick on the page already there,  showing the places we passed on our journey!
 I think I have to give that idea a little more thought really.

You might notice the small tins on the shelf behind, they were a spice set our Grandsons gave Grandad for Christmas, I think Grandad knew he wouldn`t be able hold on to them for too long as soon as he saw my eyes light up.
 Nothing in them yet but I`m sure they will be useful, one day.

Lovely and sunny here in Spain although a little cool first thing, well 9C!!!
Hope to see you over at your desks, maybe for some inspiration.
Thanks to everyone who popped over last week and your kind comments.

Jan x

12 comments:

  1. I don't know what a smash book is, but it looks like my sort of thing so I'm going to investigate. I also think I need a big shot and cuttlebug. Right then. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Lucy #24 woyww x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've purchased three Smash books, thinking they would be soooo much fun to fill up. Until I got them, and like you, my mind went blank. It was just too much for me to deal with and they got popped on the shelf, lol!! I hope you have much better luck than I did!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, turns out I'mnot a natural Smasher either! However, I persevere and when we're away (especially in Spain) i tend to doodle in it whilst in a sports bar so Mr D can get his fix, but it's not the inspiring journal you see on You Tube at all! BUT according to those who were kind enough to comment on my last blog post about Blank Page Syndrome....youve just gotta enjoy it and it'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds a bit warmer in Spain than here - beautiful snow capped hills here today. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always the case isn't it? The more you have, the harder it is to choose! I wonder which pics will make the cut! Hope you find some use for those lovely tins too :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so much warmer where you are than here in the UK we had a dusting of snow this morning all gone now. I try not to think too much when I'm putting something new down on paper just go with the flow and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have brilliant fun with you new Smash book ! Glad you are having some sun - we had snow yesterday but thankfully our Welsh rain is back tonight & washed it all away ! Hope all is well with you both ? Thanks for visiting Ali #

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you are using your Smash book! I love having a record of places we visit! Thanks for visiting, Chris53

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jan, mmm a 'smash book'...so you had me goggling it...great idea, I collect all that junk when we're holiday or no really all the time so this might be a project for me.....going blank that will just be the problem, happens often, even can't get imaginative with meals sometimes. I think we have to realize it is just for ourselves no-one else to study and then what and how we compile it might come easier....oh anyway, have a go. Cheers and enjoy RobynO#51

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Jan so know what you mean about blank started two cards the other day and stamped and linked and liked but then what?
    :D
    Maybe look online for map to suits as often print an online map better size wise than a scan?
    Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing ~ happy belated WOYWW!
    Shaz in Oz.x #44

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jan! Aren't our hubbies smart? :-) I look forward to hearing more about your trip. I just wish we could have connected while you were in the states. Hugs & Creative Blessings! Kelly #69

    ReplyDelete
  12. Him Jan! I didn't post, but I guess I can visit you. I will try to post this week. I think that is a good idea to scan the map and put it in your smas book. :)

    ReplyDelete