http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WOYWW 294

Thanks to everyone who popped over to Spain for a visit to my desk last week, it was so pleasing to know that I`m not the only one who has a Smash book and can`t get started with it but as you can see from the first photo I have actually made a start.



 Only a small start granted but I have glued my maps in place and you can see from the small pile of photos I managed to pick out a few, well quite a few really and probably too many as it wasn´t until I was browsing through the photos that I realised after taking a photo of the train leaving Chicago I didn`t manage to take another one until Denver, must have been the excitement of looking around the train and choosing the time for our evening meals, so it looks like page one will be quite bare. I`ve made a small folder and tied it in the middle of the two maps to keep the timetable and tickets in and printed a couple of photos of the Cabin.

The card at the front is for a challenge on Splitcoaststampers to try triple stamping, I wouldn`t say it totally worked but I used the Memento Ink Rhubarb Stalk I`ve had for ages and never used and the stamp has only been used once before, its a Sizzix stamp with a matching embossing folder.
I found a place napkin that`s been in the drawer for years, the colour is quite a good match with the ink so I used it for the layers, I just need to finish it with a sentiment and backing card.

 Oh and on the left you can just see the free papers from my craft magazine, there`s some lovely images, just need to think of someone who likes dancing!!!


Nothing too exciting going on here, I was trying to think of ideas for our youngest sons birthday card when I was up here last week, didn`t have a clue so decided to have a play with some of my new dies, a couple don`t actually cut very well but I do love the Romantic and Nobel Rectangle Dies.

You can see one of the mini snowflake rossettes too, Tim Holtz alterations, I could have done with another pair of hands trying to hold it together while sticking it to the backing part as it kept springing up in the middle so if anyone has an easy way please share it with me before my patience runs out!
The pile of white card on the right is a Sitting snowman card I started after seeing it on Splitcoaststampers, I discovered my circle dies aren`t big enough so its been sitting there for a couple of weeks waiting for me to set up my Cricut. 

 We`ve had a cold snap here and having no heating up in my craft room,( it`s on the solarium) I haven`t been spending much time in here so I think I`ll go off to do a bit of snooping around other desks before I get too cold.

Jan x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jan! I am right below you at Julia's this week. LOL For it being cold in your room, you sure have a lot going on. I am glad you have begun your smash book. I have one, but have just been putting momentos in it, so I know where they are until I need them to scrap. I am like you and don't know what to do with the smash book. Don't understand the concept, because I scrapbook, too. Have a great day in Spain today. I am off to Bible study. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting started on your smash book. I don't have one..I just have several art journals I am working in at once..lol Pretty card with your triple stamping. Happy WOYWW :) Shel#71

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, I must tell you I'd never heard of a Smash book but like the idea and passed it onto my friend who is planning a lovely overseas trip this year...she's researched and is impressed. I think it's more grab and stick and write quick without too much planning which would be difficult for me to do. Happy WOYWW anyway and have fun with your dies cheers RobynO#42, thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have been having a great deal of fun in your chilly craft room this week ! Must be cold if you have snow on the mountains - only seen that a couple of times ! I really like that Rhubarb colour ink - I used it all through 2013's Christmas Journal ! have a great week Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Jan, you have been busy...I like to see a desk in action! And do you know, I really love the fact that you were too busy enjoying the views to take any photos :-).
    Hugs, LLJ 25 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your Smash book!! I think just starting is the biggest step. Think about your trip, and how you felt, and what you did, and maybe journal all of that? Add photos and mementos to add to the story. :D

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a Smash book over a year ago, and it is still unstarted...I started art journaling and have a couple of books I would like to alter, so I'm not going to use the Smashbook the way I thought when I bought it... I've been thinking of housing ATC-cards in it, but haven't got started yet... Documenting a trip would of course be fine, but I'm mot planning to go anywhere for a while :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the end of my vacation and I must admit that my diary keeping tailed off - too much to expect me to carry on. So I imagine doing this project of yours you are much more disciplined that I am.
    Good luck with finishing it.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you certainly have been keeping busy! So much happening. Smash books seemed all the rage for a bit there (I even saw them and their parts to sale at the grocery store) but I don't hear too much about them anymore. Maybe everyone has them and hasn't used them yet. Thanks for the visit earlier. Judy #64

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've introduced me to Smash books. Great idea! x

    ReplyDelete