http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WOYWW 295


Hello fellow Deskers on this warm and sunny Wednesday morning, this is how it looked today on our walk along the Paseo.


What a difference a week makes, last week snow on the mountains, not often it happens and it didn`t disappear completely until Monday. I know it`s not much compared to other places but that`s the closest we get to snow down here, and pretty thankful we are too.


Much happier crafting this week, even complained I was burning my legs at my desk near the door, you just can`t please some people!!

My desk this morning and sorry its at a jaunty angle, the sun was too bright as the desk is next to the patio doors so I had to stand in front of the door to take the photo.
 A few pieces I`ve been playing with at the back in pink, trying out my new EB folder on core-dinations, abandoned that idea as it wasn`t quite the effect I wanted.
 I made a card using triple stamping for a challenge over at Splitcoaststampers and just thought it might work with triple embossing, hence the white and purple pieces,  not sure about having the small top piece but I quite like it with just two layers, something to make into a card later, hopefully.
The other card is decoupage, I do love doing them, I`ve used a House Mouse image, and made a frame for it using the Fleur De Lis die, one of my favourites. The other papers are freebies from my craft mag, the gardening images I might use for my BIL`s card at a later date.

I`ve just finished this card for our youngest, can`t believe he`s nearly 41, seems only five mins since I was racking my brains to make his 40th card.
I`ve kept the colouring to a minimum as its not my strong point but I`ve just noticed the strings on the balloons have come adrift so it`s a good job I haven`t posted it yet. 

Must say bye for this week as I haven`t shown the other side of the room with the ironing that really needs doing so I`ll see you over at your desks later, take care and thanks once again for visiting my desk last week and your lovely comments.

Jan x






10 comments:

  1. Enjoy that sunshine for me, will you?? We saw the sun for about 10 minutes yesterday, and haven't had any for a couple of weeks. Winter is a long, dark, grey period of time over here in Germany! Good luck with your cards!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 41st birthday card is adorable :) I also like the idea of triple embossing..I will have to give that a go! Shel#55

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan could you spare some sun?? It is all gray here and I could use some sunshine to get my mojo moving. Beautiful birthday card, that pop out girl is soo cool!!
    Thanks for your earlier visit.
    Cheers
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 41st birthday card is just too cool. I love that sassy image. #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love that card you've made for your son...it's very funky. I hope he'll like it! You are very lucky with the weather you're having...I won't mention how cold it is in the UK at the moment :-) But at least down here in Wiltshire we're cold but as yet, no snow. Poor old Scotland and Northern England have really borne the brunt. Enjoy your warm crafting!
    Hugs, LLJ 20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh the jaunty angle on the desk made me feel a touch sea-sick !! Love the balloon card - great design - sure your son will love it too ! The sea & sky look a stunning blue - very envious ! Thanks for your visit Love to Steve Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I am sitting here trying to keep warm with the CH on and me bundled up in clothes it is hard for me to remember that only a week ago ~I was burning my knees sitting out in the sunshine in California.
    Lucky you with your weather.
    Love the balloon card, am sure your son will too.
    Hugs, Neet 1 (with a very sore finger preventing her typing properly)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh to have your weather here! Love the balloon card. :)
    Thanks for your visit. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 41st birthday card for your son. Keeping the color to a minimum is a very good idea. It looks great!
    Thank you for visiting yesterday,
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#34

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love when you share the scenery with us, Jan. So pretty. Makes me want to visit. ;-) Hope hubby is doing better. Creative Blessings! Kelly #56

    ReplyDelete