http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Monday, March 16, 2015

Bird on a Branch

This is the first page of my first ever journal so when I saw the Art Journal Journey Challenge to create "Things with wings" I decided to post my first effort.


I'm really enjoying Mixed Media although I'm useless at drawing so using stamps is ideal for me.
Sorry I can't show my page in stages, I had already finished it before I happened upon this challenge.
 I coloured the Background with Chalk Acrylic Paints, they are new to me and I really love them. I stencilled the birds and branches with embossing paste and coloured them with distress inks and chalk paint.
The flower stamps are Paperartsy, coloured again with Chalk paints, Its hard to see but I've used glossy accents on some of the flower heads and crackle accents on the large leaf. 



5 comments:

  1. Lovely spring-like page, thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey and hope to see you again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful soft textured page - lovely!
    Welcome to Art Journal Journey Jan, we are happy to have you with us!
    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page and I love the colour you have used.
    Thank you for joining us
    Love Chrissie AJJ guest hostess xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice with the soft colors. I like your image very much.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your journal especially the colors. You are really good with those chalk paints. I checked out that challenge, and it is very interesting. I also noticed right away your SCS badge. I hadn't seen that one before. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete