http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WOYWW 300

Wow can't believe WOYWW has been going for so long, all thanks to Julia over at The Stamping Ground.

My desks this morning are showing quite a bit of activity, below are my new Paperartsy Chalk paints, they are brilliant, my parcel from the Craft Barn only took five days to arrive in Spain, a record I think, I couldn't wait to get home from shopping to rip open the box, unfortunately in my excitement to play I forgot to take a photo of all my new goodies



As you can see I've been having a great time playing with my new Paints and the Jofy flower stamps, you can see my first attempt isn't a masterpiece but I've really been enjoying myself, paint everywhere, all I can say is thank goodness for baby wipes.


I treated myself to an art journal, really just so I could play with my mixed media collection of gesso, texture pastes etc, ect, you know how it is, LOL I've had it a while, had a play, didn't make anything worthwhile so its been stuck in the drawer along with the Gelli plate I was so desperate to own!

At last Jennie's Birthday card is finished and winging its way to the states.
I must admit after spending two weeks in the making it was quite a relief to get it posted, funnily I was struggling with the last touches and then, ping, it all fell into place, anyway hopefully it will arrive on time for the big day.



The pink mesh on the front I've had for a zillion years so I was chuffed to find a use for it as long last, I made the little tag from shrink plastic, went a big curved but that was my last piece so couldn't try again. The inside photos can slide out to be changed of course the first frame I made was too small to slide the photo in!
I reprinted the flower paper and fussy cut extra flowers to make them stand out although it was quite thick when closed so cost a bomb to post, still she's worth it.

Hope you all have a good week, and that the weather is warming up where ever you are, the sun has just broke through the fog here, who would have thought fog in Spain.



21 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, so glad I'm not the only one with stuff ' I have to have' stuffed in drawers unused! Love the card, its beautiful. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #37 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint colours are lovely and great results
    Lynn 30

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting post, Jan. Love your shrink plastic frames - that's a really cool idea, and I love your art journal page and those delicious looking paints!! The pink mesh has come out really well on the last project - really, really pretty. Well done!!

    Thanks for your lovely comment and your kind words - I was climbing the walls and an emotional wreck on Fri. but now I have a new date for surgery (18th) I am feeling a lot better, and prepared to enjoy my last 2 weeks of "normal" to the full, before I have to adjust to the "new normal." I'm still trying to keep up with my emotions which seem to go from one extreme to the other at the moment, and the last-minute postponement of the operation was just too much... It's worked out for the best though, because we've now got time to rest and relax in the house without Mum who is in respite care and the atmosephere is completely different!

    Happy 300th,
    Shoshi #45

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lush looking paints! And your projects are lovely. I love finding just the right project for something I've had in my stash a while too : D. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. I've had pretty good luck labeling my Distress Inks with a piece of white adhesive paper with half of inked in the colour. Hope that helps. #56

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, that card is a beautiful work of art! Wow! Jennie will treasure it, I'm sure. Love that the photos can be changed out if she chooses. Those chalk paints do look wonderful. I'll have to get me some of those....
    Happy WOYWW # 300

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chalk paints and the stamps. What a great surprise how quickly they were delivered but the Craft Barn are good at dispatching things quickly when they are in stock. Hope you have a great time using them. Thanks for the visit and happy WOYWW, Angela x 42

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of creativity and color going going here.
    Here's to 300 more!
    robyn 18

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shrink plastic sounds fun! Happy WOYWW #300! Sandy Leigh #58

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so much going on here! Thanks for sharing all the pretty and color with all of us! Glenda #43

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jan, you beat me posting and visiting this week! Your card is amazing! I can see you are already having fun with your journal, I have played at having one a little. Just so much to play with! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I know all about getting new stuff and diving right in...I'm terrible for that! Never read instructions either.....bad LLJ!! I love that pink card, the mesh adds really fab texture :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. New things to play with such fun. Love the card you made. Anne x #38

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola ! Great to see your amazing card - sure Jenny with LOVE it ! Such a lot of work ! Those paints are brilliant aren't they & I am in love with JOFY stamps ! Such great fun to play with ! Amazed you had fog & had a sunny if chilly day in London ! Home at last & glad to be back in my own bed ! Do get that Art Journal out again - I am desperate to get playing again ! Love to Steve Ali xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for arriving so late - been busy day!! I love your card and I'm sure Jenny will love it too!! Enjoy playing with your new goodies! Chris 44

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning gift that card and beautiful mesh container are, Jan! What a treasure for Jennie! (I like the little tag curved the way it ended up!) Enjoy your new goodies! Happy 300th WOYWW!! Thank you for visiting me! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jan happy 300th WOYWW and thanks for visiting my desk. Wow lovely card your friend will be rapt....it's so pretty. Cheers RobynO#14

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jan. Thanks for stopping by earlier. The card for Jennie turned out beautifully. I'm sure she will love it. Our snow has ended for the time being. Our high today should be about 25* F but lots of sun. I'll just stay inside :-) Creative Blessings! Kelly #73

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jan,
    I've heard about chalk paints and wondered what they would be like. Do they dry like normal acrylic paints? What's the difference? I'm a messy crafter when I'm doing mixed media stuff. Luckily I've been on a knitting kick and can keep that under control!

    A lot of our snow has melted and I'm actually wearing sandals today. I hope the fog has rolled out by now.

    Happy very belated WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that is one special card that is off the |The States. Jenny will be delighted with it. Wow!
    Love those PaperArtsy paints - you will love playing/experimenting with them. Enjoy!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I would love to try some the PA paints. Love the card. Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #75 a bit late

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your book is just so adorable and so much went into it :)
    hugs Nikki 1
    Happy Late WOYWW 300 too

    ReplyDelete