http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WOYWW 301

Wednesday again, nearly forgot by the time we arrived home, we had breakfast on the seafront and as we were heading for home we bumped into a couple we met last year, we should have gone back for another coffee as we haven't seen them since last October so the quick hello turned into an hours catch-up, anyway my desk this week.


Still enjoying playing with my Paperartsy stamps and paints, strange for me as I always say I'm not a stamper but they've got me hooked, can't wait until I can order more colours.
I've been trying to make an accordion flip card, I spotted a beautiful card in the Stamper Mag and seeing as I have the Sizzix die, never used, I thought I would give it a try, as you can see three tries later I still haven't quite cracked it but I had another read through the article while drinking my tea in bed, as you do, and noticed that they did it with layers, typical of me, rushing ahead without reading it thoroughly!


 Finally finished the cover of my Travel Journal, I'd already embossed it with the street map stencil on the brown cover and decided I wasn't too keen so I painted it all over with Chalk paints and a lovely shimmer paint over parts of it but never knowing when to stop I decided to put another colour on which looked awful so I repainted it all, tried dabbing over the top with picket fence distress paint, I think it's dried up a bit as I couldn't get it to come out so I squeezed it and had it all over my mat!! By this time I decided enough was enough so I just dabbed the picket fence over a few places, embossed the word Special at the top, made a label with "Family" on and used Glossy accents over the top, whilst rummaging through the drawers looking for something else I found a metal tag so I typed "Memories" to put inside, after that I decided to leave well alone before I had to start again!
The other piece is a play with the largest stamp, I stamped in black and embossed with Cosmic ultra thick embossing crystals before painting, now I just have to decide how to use it!!

Many thanks for all your lovely comments about Jennie's card, it still hasn't arrived in over two weeks so fingers crossed it arrives by Friday!

 Looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to over at Julia's Stamping Ground.

 Have a great weekend.

Jan x


19 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when you wrote about not reading the directions. Yep, that's me! Thanks for stopping by and hopefully your next journal cover will be great the first try! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #59

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very organized desk. Good luck with the accordion flip card it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say I'm not really stamper too -- but I'm so hooked on certain brands of stamps and keep buying them. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #48

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what an organized desk! The same to me about not reading directions..lol!
    Thank you for commenting at my blog!
    Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jan...you with your stamps, me with my fabric. There's not hope for us both! Lol :-). Ah well, I can think of worse things to do. I really do enjoy my crafting, get the twitches if I can't do any for a while.
    And how lovely that the catch up with your old friends was an extended one...
    Hugs, LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your travel journal looks lovely! #68 Margie V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan looks like you have been really busy this week! Glad you are enjoying your stamps and paints - I am slightly addicted to my JOFY stamps! Chatting with old friends on the Paseo sounds lovely! Love to you both Ali #72

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes I tend to do the same thing...rush in and get frustrated then go back and read the instructions....oh that's what I was s'posed to do. :) Sending giggles and hugs. Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #53

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice busy desk, Jan. I think we've probably all been guilty of not reading the instructions properly and then getting it wrong lol! Thank you for your lovely comment and your good wishes for next Wed. I shall try and post next week if I have time - it may be a day early. I shan't be in a position to reply to any comments for a few days but my friend Lucy who will be updating my blog with Shoshi news from my hubby, will moderate the comments and publish them for me, and I'll get to them all in due course.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  10. isn't that how everyone does it? try it first and then if you hit a snag read the destructions? :) lol ~Stacy #79

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jan, thanks for visiting me earlier and the lovely comments. I was overjoyed to hear that I am not the only one just figuring out new stuff about my Big Shot. I am looking forward to seeing your card when you master that die..it terrifies me just looking at it :) Cx #64

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an organized space you have there and good luck with your die
    wondering why your now a fan of the spectrum markers then what type do you use?
    hugs Nikki 1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, buying those Fresco paints is leading yourself along the slippery route to ruin. They are gorgeous aren't they! Love the finish they have but you buy one and want more. Never mind, Enjoy!
    Thanks for the visit to me - Hugs, Neet 28 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your visit, Jan, and your comments. Much appreciated. :) Your desk is so tidy! My workspaces are only like that when I'm NOT crafting --I'm a hopelessly messy crafter. :( Your journal cover story made me smile. I always struggle with where to stop on a project and I can certainly relate to the paint tube incident. Too funny! I wish you a happy craft week ahead. Nann #48

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah well, for a non stamper you sure look and talk like a stamper! The cover came out really well...couldnt help but smile too at the idea of you reading the article after you'd tried a couple of times - that is so me too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the cover of your journal - if you had not told us about the many layers you added I would not have guessed - it looks fantastic! You would have loved the craft show I went to - there were so many stamps (and inks) and although I'm not much of a stamper too, I bought me a few... I just cannot walk by when I see stamps! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #50

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your journal looks lovely :)
    I never read the instructions, I usually just look at the pictures, teehee.
    Tracy #80

    ReplyDelete
  18. First I want to say thanks for visiting me.. and sorry it's taking me so long to get to you....
    I LOVE your journel and from what you say it's got severl layes of paint, which is good for pertection, right!!!
    and your flip cards... you are dairing,,,, We're all alike, we just forge on and then see what went wrong later... sometimes it works out thow!!!
    Again thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those stamps are addictive little things lol. Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day (breakfast at the seafront and meeting old friends).

    The glassine I used is from my dad's (postage) stamp collection supplies, but I've also cut open white glassine bags (bakery supplies? I bought the bags I have through Papertrey Ink. Both are much more delicate than the Tim Holtz kraft glassine I have (that stuff is a total workhorse).

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier in the week! #60 I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loses the tiny things lol

    ReplyDelete