http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

WOYWW 303

Hi All, sorry I missed the weekly desk hop last week, the weather was rainy so we decided to take a trip to Ikea, by the time we arrived home I decided it was just too cold up here and as I've yet to master blogging on my Ipad I had to give it a miss.

I'm pleased you can only see my desk this week, I've burst a blood vessel in my eye so you can hardly see my pupil, and of course being the supportive husband that he is Steve has done his best to cheer me up with his usual crabby jokes, first one, when did I join the Black-eyed Peas, second one, is my favourite programme Bullseye,(sorry that might be before every ones else's time) even Miriam the doctor asked if Steve had punched me!
 oh and he even took a photo to send to our sons, our youngest asked if I was late taking his Dad tea in bed. Lots of sympathy as you can see.


First a cheery picture from last week when we had a short break in the clouds, Steve trying to coax our little friend to take the bread from his hand, he really wanted to be brave but in the end chirped and flew to the floor, he had his breakfast treat and even hung around for seconds.
Still messing around in my journal, I decided to have a play and thought after seeing the boats in the marina blowing about I would use that as my idea.  I started off trying to make the bottom half look like sand and rocks with screwed up tissue paper, after one step too far decided to make it crashing waves, so plenty of layers again, glass beads, crackle paste, you name it,I used it, I wont be winning a prize in any art competitions with it but it cheered me up, I get a little stir crazy after a few days of dull weather, we're not used to being cooped up. 
The pile to the right are bits of card, some embossed, some stamped, mostly the grain of an idea that fizzled out so I've left them there hoping to use them later.


Sorry this one is a bit dark, I took it yesterday afternoon, as I said the weather hasn't been  too good so no sun to brighten the place up.
 My pieces for the accordion card are thrown in an orderly heap!! I started doing the journal page and had so many paints out before I realised the card pieces were in danger of being ruined, I really need to get the card finished, I keep laying the pieces out but my mind seems to keep straying to other projects. 

Well that's all I have to show for this week, with the weather I haven't done much but hopefully you have all accomplished much more, I really enjoyed reading everyone 's comments last time, thanks so much for popping over for a visit.

Jan x

15 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, that's exactly the sort of 'help' that my menfolk would dish out to me!! Bet your eye is sore and probably looks worse...hope it clears up for you soon. I like the sound of your collage making and would be interested to see a close up of what you're doing..maybe next week?
    Hugs, LLJ 24 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I think it's a great idea to use the boats for inspiration - what fun. I hope your eye doesn't hurt, and that it will heal quickly. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #46

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby sounds like most men I know, wise crackers. Hope your eye is healing. Love your busy-ness. Lots of fun stuff going on! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #59

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, no sympathy in this house for illness or injury either. I swear even the cat will get in on the mocking. You have lots of things out on your desk to play with but still enough space to actually do it. How nice! Thanks for the visit earlier today. Sometimes my desk is piled to high to pull the lid down over it--oops. Then you know it is time to clean for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had to endure all those crude jokes and no sympathy! Hope your eye is getting better slowly.
    You never told us what you bought at IKea, if anything.... I like Ikea but our nearest one is 3 and a half hours drive from here so we can't do it in a day, or we wouldn't have time to look around.
    Thanks for visiting earlier,
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it sounds like we all have the same guys around us..... Having something wrong with you eye is scarry to start with, but after you know it's ok you really need to get in on the fun and start running into things or something.....
    Oh to go to Ikea... what FUN that is!!
    Hope your better soon! and thanks for stopping by and leaving such kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I blog on my IPad and I can definitely recommend BLOGSY. It is so easy and the support from the Blogsy people is fantastic.
    Sorry about your eye and your lack of sympathy, hope you are feeling better soon.
    I forgot my glasses for my pottery this afternoon too!
    Famfa 55

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your eye trouble, Jan, and hope it recovers soon. Thank you for your lovely comment, and after two postponements, we hope there won't be any further problems on Friday! Thank you for your good wishes.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #38

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eyes are scary things, where would we crafters be without them!
    Hope everything's okay, sure you will get your own back soon. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 42

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all heals well with your eye. A trip to Ikea is certainly one way to have an outing and pick up some goodies.
    sandra de @50

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Spring (and warm weather) finds you soon, and I hope your eye gets better so you can not only feel but also SEE it LOL. I once made a 'sandy beach look' by using a stick layer of gesso in which I pressed broken shells and sand and, when it was dry, coloured with distress ink. It looked marvelous. Ah, but it is the process that really counts, having fun is the most important thing while working on a page. Thanks for your visit earlier, happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #45

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weather certainly can affect one - it's a drizzly kind of day here and I just can't get motivated. Hope your eye is better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your eye is better soon. That's a sweet picture of the bird. Happy WOYWW and thanks for your visit. :-) ~ Laura #52

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you find anything crafty related at Ikea - often they have things we can use. Good excuse for buying more stash.
    Sorry about your eye, hope that by now it is healing well and you soon feel better about it.
    Hugs and thanks for earlier visit, Neet xx
    ps have been busy with visitors so I am very late, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work desk, hope your eye improves soon.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete