http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WOYWW 305

Happy WOYWW, sounds like many of you are having or have had better weather than Spain, Easter was cloudy and windy but thankfully not the rain that had been threatened.
Today my washing is pegged down well as its very gusty,I keep nipping outside every time I hear a peg ping off, it's even worse on the Seafront. Typical , I put all the jeans and jumpers away before Easter and had to dig them out again as its too cold for summer clothes at the moment with the wind.

 I'm pleased to say I finished Our Son and DIL's Anniversary card,  I did eventually manage to follow the instructions and even though it is nothing like the one I started I'm quite pleased with it. The flowers are actually a Sizzix Stamp and Die set, only inked up once but never used.

I thought you might like to see my newly tidied drawer, I did mention I keep all plastic containers, even bringing them home from San Francisco, sad I know but cheaper than buying them, anyway they are all filled now with Bling, die cuts, silk flowers, etc, but also bits of card fronts started and never finished, I've decided to look through them before I start a new card to see if any fit the bill, otherwise they have to go. 

You'll see on my desk there's not much action, lots of things just laying around, paints, Gesso, inks and bits of card, I've been having a play and also cutting out some card to practice making ATC's, I've never made one before and I didn't realise how small they are, makes me admire the ones I've seen even more knowing that.

I've been covering some silk flowers with Gesso and distress paints, not sure where I'm going with them now though but I didn't like the colours anyway so no great loss if they end up in the bin.
You might just see a couple of Christmas images, I know, sorry but I always do the Christmas Card Challenge over on SCS and I'm running behind already.

Nothing more of interest over here so I must go and dust off my ironing board so have a great week.

Jan x

11 comments:

  1. Jan, thanks for coming over to see me already! Your card is so pretty. I think I have that stamp and die set! :). Your drawer is so organized! And is that space all for your crafting? You have a nice big space. I have a big space, but I always have it filled up! Thanks for the peek! Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that card is so pretty! I love the flowers on it!
    I've never done ATCs either and I have decided to have a go. It's on my list of things to do this week.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very gorgeous card. I think it's always a good idea to make flowers--they can be used later for so many things. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #40

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love boxes too!! A place for everything and everything in it's place :-). The thing is, it saves time cos you don't have to search around for what you want..I can't stand jumble.
    And yes, I think we are having better weather than you..it has been absolutely glorious this week, great for getting out in the garden :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 15 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jan, I like your birthday card! It's fun to use something that's never been used before. I need to do the same thing as you and use up (or toss) some of my random bits and pieces. We actually had some wet snow in the air on Easter -- yuck! But it didn't amount to anything, thankfully. Thanks for your visit! Happy WOYWW from Laura #55

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely anniversary card, I like the way it hinges (is that the right way of describing it?).
    Sorry the weather has not been kind to you in sunny Spain, hope t changes as I am due to go there on the 20th. For once the weather is nice here.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me today - Neet 20 (started with a cold, feeling yuk) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan, we used to go th Spain during Easter and the weather was usually nice but guess it depends where you are. Hope it gets better and you have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela x 24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful anniversary card. And you are really organized too! I keep all kinds of storage containers as they come in so handy. Good luck with those flowers, hope they all come out well. Have a great week! Rasz #59

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and thanks for sharing the finished project, it really is beautiful and will be received well. I smile at your container saving and using them, it's nice to know some people don't like waste. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 5

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where would we be without boxes and boxes? Really lovely card.

    Happy WOYWW, thanks for sharing
    Pat #54

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card, I love the color-combo! I came to re-visit on a comment you gave on my woyww-post at April 8... OhMy... I keep running behind on things - anyway, I'm here eventually ;) Happy day to you hug from Holland, Marit

    ReplyDelete