http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WOYWW 307

Good Afternoon fellow Deskers, another week gone by, last week the rain was so heavy I couldn't get upstairs to my craft room without getting a soaking, fortunately the sun is out now, thank goodness, it started off cloudy and spitting with rain but by the time we had walked, shopped and had breakfast it had cheered up, we've had very strange weather this year, normally our first swim in the pool is St Georges Day, the way it's going it could July by the time the pool is warm enough.



My desk this week, well one of them, I'm trying to get ahead with a wedding card for DS1 and GF for next month, hence all the bits and pieces hanging around, I keep cutting, embossing, fiddling about with it and I'm still not happy so I'm just leaving it for a couple of days before having another look.  
You might spot on the shelf all the roses I've cut out ready to make, not something I'm very good at, especially the small ones, I've watched all the videos, they make it look so easy, I think its lack of patience as they are quite fiddly. The plastic container has some die cuts in, wedding items ready cut but they all seem too big for the card so I'm not sure they will get used after all.

I mentioned before I had been collecting all my glitters together and storing them in the box you can see on the shelf, there's also quite a few small packets behind the tubs with various colours in them, soooo

When I saw a challenge on SCS to use the negative part of the die with glitter behind it, I made this card, I ended up making four altogether as it was so easy, well it was after the first one , I used glitter that had big flakes which didn't work too well, it really needs fine glitter, the best part was that I managed to use up quite a bit of my stash which is always pleasing.
 Not much else happening here apart from practising making ATC's, I've never made one before so I'm playing around at the moment, I can't seem to get my head round working on something so small but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Hope you all have a great week, thanks for popping over and leaving a comment
Jan x



10 comments:

  1. I'm sure with practice your roses will get better and better, and pretty soon you'll be the expert! ATCs are so much fun once you get used to the size, Really, you can't do much wrong with them! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #51

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant get on with roses either, great idea for a card and stash busters are always a plus!
    thanks for sharing
    happy woyww have a great week
    Mrs. C.x #2
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/woyww-april-22nd-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using the left over part of the die with the glitter. Very cool card :) Happy crafting! Shel@PaperOctilloStudio #54

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan Glad all is well with you ! Wall to wall sunshine here for once & you in the rain - what a role reversal to normal ! Looks like you are enjoying all that glitter ! Hope you have fun with the ATC's too Take care Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to use the negative part of a die. I love your card, it's very effective.
    Thank you for your visit and kind comment,
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#19

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan, you don't have to work on a small card when making an ATC. I often make a Masterboard background on A3 card as a background, cut it up and then add embellishment in whatever form you like.
    Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 30

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me the design of a card can be the hardest part. I like to make multiples when I make a design I like. :-) Great card with the negative of the die cut.
    April #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's SO satisfying to use up some stash isn't it? I love the card with the glitter behind it.

    ATC's - some days I love them - some days I just cannot do them. I like Angela's idea up there to make a larger master board and then cut it down - I may try that!

    Thanks for coming to see me already - maths is definitely not my best subject either, it's like a foreign language at the mo!

    Carmen x #21

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I don't do fiddly either! I know I should try these things but I just don't have the patience or sticking power...you get to know yourself pretty well in middle age, lol! How lovely that you've got a wedding in the offing! Have you got your hat yet??
    Hugs, LLJ 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is quite a glitter collection I can see why you were happy to use some up. The card is gorgeous and what a clever way to use the glitter. I'm worried about the ATC too, as I like to do an original painting but they are so small I go crossed eyed.
    Have a great week,
    Von #9

    ReplyDelete