http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WOYWW 308

Happy WOYWW from sunny Spain, at last, can't believe its Wednesday again, how time flies when you are having fun!! We've had our morning constitutional, breakfast on the Marina, I've been trying to get a photo of our little bird, he actually sat on my hand to take the croissant last week, unfortunately we couldn't take a photo quick enough to catch him. 


Still working on the Wedding card, I've done quite a bit more since last week but nothing glued down until I've got all the pieces finished. I still have almost four weeks so plenty of time I hope, I'm still messing with the roses so I might try a few of the larger ones but I did find something I bought long ago, can't even remember why, white ribbons and silk roses, with tiny pearl strings attached, I bought it from the little shop in the market, an old fashioned Haberdashery, what I'd give to spend an hour rummaging in there, it's a little treasure trove but sadly all kept in the store room out of sight.

Not sure I mentioned that the date of the wedding is also our 44th Wedding anniversary, well my dearest husband thought he would have a look what he could buy me for 44 years, he's still laughing now as its says groceries!  He kindly told me that he will give me our Consum check when it comes next month, it's usually about 2 euros, I'm still wondering what I'll spend it on.
 I will get my own back next year though as its purple Sapphire so I've told him to start saving.


 The other side of the room, what can I say, I've been trying to do a challenge to use glue and glitter through a stencil, after four attempts I've given up, I've used plenty of glitter but only the flower looks presentable and I really don't have a clue what to use it for!!

Not much else happening here so I'll just say bye until next time, hope you all have great plans for this Bank holiday weekend and have some sunny weather.

Thanks for all your lovely comments last week and for visiting my desk, its lovely to hear from you all.

Jan x


7 comments:

  1. You're in Spain too! We are in Santander but the weather is not so sunny.
    I smiled at the Consum bill..... they don't sell sapphires though.
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#40

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding card looks promising... the embossed paper is gorgeous! My mum bought me a box full of pieces of ribbon, lace and left-over textile from a brides-store that closed its doors. I had to think of that when I read your post - pity you are not in the neighborhood, you were welcome to visit for a cup of tea and take from the box whatever you needed... Hope you have sunny weather in Spain, the Netherlands are kinda chilly and grey today, not fun. Happy woyww, Marit #36

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination of stencil, glue and glitter sounds dangerous! If it was me using those, I'd have glue and glitter everywhere apart from where it was supposed to be....including my undies!! That always used to happen when I worked at school, even if my class hadn't touched the stuff!! The wedding card sounds lovely, I'd like to have a mooch around that shop too :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 19 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 44 years is quite an achievement! Groceries doesn't seem right. But I see that is the "modern" suggestion and there is no traditional one - I image it was pretty rare for people to get to 40+ years of marriage back when those lists were created :)

    Let's see - groceries...well, champagne is sold in the grocery store.... :)

    Happy day after WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gratz on 44 years!! Lobsters are sold at grocery stores!! (Actually, at some of ours, so are laptops, IPads, name it! LOL!) While I wouldn't even pretend to try glue and glitter through a stencil, the flower is promising...add to an art journal page?? Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan sounds like the card is coming on well. Don't go mad spending your Consum voucher all at once will you!
    Love to you both Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You endure 44 years of togetherness and all you get is 'groceries' - not very good is it. I think you should just think of what is in a grocery store and come up with some electrical goods.
    Congrats on the impending anniversary though - bet he gets ou mroe than 2 euros.
    Yes, you were right, Balcon! Loved it and want to go back (right now as it is cold and pouring down here)
    Neet 66 xx

    ReplyDelete