http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

WOYWW 318

Good morning fellow Deskers, and for once it is still morning, it's usually after lunch when I blog but yesterday the temperatures were so high, 10.45am and already 35C on the way home from our walk, so we have suspended our walks, it was up to 44.8C in our conservatory yesterday!! it's promising us lower temperatures after next week, apparently a cool 28-30C!! I hope so as our family are coming over on 27th from San Francisco and they would hate this extreme heat.

Anyway on to my desk, I took this photo Monday afternoon, good job as I didn't do anything yesterday apart from tidy for ten minutes before giving up.


Still playing with my Brushos, had another craftstamper mag download and part 2 master class, so the one that caught my eye was using cling film, I must say I enjoyed it and you can see the pieces, some in purple and some red and green. Steve did give me a funny look when he saw me taking the cling film upstairs, he didn't ask, probably didn't want me to go into great detail and ruin his watching of the Tour de France.
Anyway you crinkle the cling film and then lay it out, spray with water or as in the pieces here I used watered down Mica powders and then sprinkle the Brushos, lay the card on the top and then fold the cling film around the card, turn over and rub your hands over the cling film to spread the paint, making sure there's creases and leave to dry. 


A close up of said pieces, I did cut them in half as I had a germ of an idea to use the purple for the BG on a birthday card but heat stopped play. The piece on the right I made using photo paper, which is quite effective. The Mica powders give a shimmer to it all, a bit hard to see here.

Thanks for all the lovely comments from last week, pleased to know I'm not the only one being challenged by Brushos but if anyone has any other ways to use it I'd be very interested to hear about it.
Until next week, Happy WOYWW from a slightly melted Desker, off to have a swim.

Jan x

19 comments:

  1. I once went to a party at uni where the host was wrapped in cling film!! But that's another story :-). Isn't that a clever technique for limiting the spread of the Brushos, otherwise they'd go everywhere! The backgrounds really are fab :-)
    And I couldn't handle that sort of heat either! Hope it cools a bit before your folks arrive.
    Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swim sounds like a good idea. Hard to work when it's so hot. Peg R 17

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effect of the cling film technique. Going to try that. Thank you for sharing. Have fun with your Brushos. Barb#16 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must admit, Jan that I haven't bought any Brushos or like yet... Not sure I will, but love cling wrap it works so well with all sorts of background techniques.

    Oh and am with hubby, I love Le Tour, and sit up watching till all hours...
    Very exciting last two nights, the cobbles was great race and tonight they're going through Villiers Bretoneuex (sp?) where Aussie diggers defeated the Germans exactly one hundred years ago, would love to be there and fly our flag in the streets as they go by.
    My brother a cyclist is riding the last two weeks as tour guide, they ride two thirds of the course each morning then watch the race in the afternoon.
    Happy WOYWW, thanks for popping over, Shaz in Oz.x #5

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got my first brushos a couple of weeks back. Haven't had time to try anything yet, but I have understood it has its challenges :)
    Kristiina #21

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for popping over to mine earlier. I really love the colours you're playing with today.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan, love what you are doing. I got myself some Brusho's, I've yet to play with them though. Interesting to see what everyone is doing with them.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz#10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip on the use of Brusho's - one I have not tried. I'm probably too late now to get a Craft Stamper.
    Oh heck, you are too hot - and we have had to put the central heating on today. It was so cold this morning. The trouble with the north of England!!
    Enjoy your week with your visitors.
    Hugs, Neet 18 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look fab! I am still waiting for mine to arrive! Have a lovely time with your visitors. Thanks for the visit earlier Soojay 13

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're melted and I'm soggy. Aren't we a pair! Will have to play with that cling wrap technique when I'm completely moved into the new space. I love creating unique backgrounds! Glad the SF family are coming to visit. What a treat! Creative Blessings! ~ Kel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the effect that the cling wrap gives. I've seen some really great stuff with Brushos but I have heard they have a high learning curve. At least you are getting in there and giving it a try. Thanks for the visit earlier. The crazy thing about my boss is he mentioned the scanning project all month long but always had an excuse to not give me the details. There was a lot I could have done in prep if I only I'd have known even just a little bit. Ah well... Judy #47

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab effect.


    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #22

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the Brushos cling film look! Going to dig out the Craft Stamper article and have a bash. Weather here dismal for July - just had to pull on some fleecy bed socks because I can't get warm! We were remembering our trips to Camposol over the weekend & how hot it was in early July! Good luck for the appointment with the Cardiologist next week Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh It's Spanish temperatures! Hope you're not completely melted! I wonder sometimes if the temperature of our materials influences the result.... I know that the temperature of the crafter does make a difference!
    Thanks for stopping at mine earlier, (I wrote a reply comment under your comment)
    Have a good but hopefulle slightly cooler, week,
    Lisca#26

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the effect with the cling film. I have used Brushos for many years for colouring fabric but always mixed it with water or PVA depending on the effect we wanted to achieve.Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 30

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooow bit hot over there Jan, even for an Aussie girl. But I do love that clingwrap technique - looks fabulous. Thanks for visiting Cheers RobynO#11

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting technique with the brushos and cling film. I haven't any experience of brushos, but I do find a lot of my kitchen stuff eventually finds its way upstairs into the studio lol!! Gorgeous backgrounds you've created. Thanks for your lovely comment, and yes, I am trying to keep positive! I shall be posting in a few days about my card and the "funny stuff" will be revealed in all its glory! Didn't know how else to describe it lol!!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #42

    ReplyDelete