http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WOYWW317

Finally made it, we've had a stressful morning, Steve had to be at the surgery at 8am for a set of bloods ready for his Cardiologists appointment and an ECG afterwards, unfortunately the nurse saw a problem so we had to wait two hours before the doctor could see him, now I'm even more stressed, Steve being Steve says he feels fine and not to worry! 
So we've just had breakfast as he wasn't allowed even water before the blood test!!

My desk this week, I took this photo yesterday before I tidied up. This is me being carried away with stamps and embossing powders, have you ever stepped on embossing powder? Its not a good feeling, especially when its glittery, I did have lovely pink and lemon soles though as well as a piece of glittery BG card made using a brayer with embossing ink and embossing powders.



I downloaded the craftstamper mag on my ipad as I noticed they had a few articles on Brushos, you may remember I had been tempted into buying a set, they had some beautiful pieces and they really made it look simple, LOL, well many attempts later and I'm still wondering why I'm really not finding it so easy! They showed how to stamp and emboss the flowers then sprinkle a tiny amount of powder inside the flower head and spritz, so far so good, mine bled into the BG but I think the problem is that my nozzle is too big and its spraying too wide so later I'll try another mister, hopefully by next week I might be able to show you a finished card.


The other side of the room, Julia asked it I stood up to craft or where did I put my legs when sitting, well I do stand most of the time but you can see on the first photo the desk has a lip where I can pull up my stool, that also has a secondary role as a place for ironing waiting to be done so not much sitting gets done.
So the Flowers are out as I was looking for a colour match to make a Shabby chic card for a challenge, not my thing so that's as far as I've got with it. The Roses are Buttonholes from the Wedding I've just bought upstairs to put away, paint brushes etc are left there from my Brushos experience and a piece of blue curled up paper that is supposed to be crackled, I bought some crackle paste but much prefer the crackle glaze, maybe I'm just not doing it right but it never seems to crackle enough, if you know what I mean.


Before I go, this is our American Grand-dog Splodgey, he was 15 yesterday and posing with the birthday card I sent him,  unfortunately he couldn't go out partying due to his age and being quite poorly, he even takes more meds than his Grandad does but he still had a birthday cupcake to celebrate complete with candles blown out by Joey and Charlie.

Well I think its time to say goodbye and cool off with a swim, temperatures have been brutal this week, over 45c yesterday so I'll head over to Julia's place and hope to see some cooler places from around the world.

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my last visit, they were much appreciated, I'm still trying to work out how to post thanks near the comments box, I'm sure I'll work it out eventually.

Jan x




17 comments:

  1. Awww...your grand dog is so sweet! I wish I could just sit in one place when I'm working on a project, but I am up and down...unless I'm stitching for a long time. I think up and down is better for you though. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #46

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made a birthday card for your American grand dog Splodgey. He looks like a sweet old man. Happy WOYWW! #39

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww such a sweet doggie! I too have not mastered brusho. I am wondering why I got it..lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier <3 Shel@PaperOcotilloStudios #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah...45??? I'd die in that heat....am not coping with the 28 of today. I must have been a Viking in a previous life, lol! I need the cold :-)
    I hope the rest of the day went ok with your hubby's tests. I do understand, mine had a quad heart bypass out of the blue seven years ago and he's still well and happy today.
    Sending cooling hugs your way!
    LLJ 7 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a little cooler here but not much.... But what a stressful morning you've had! I hope the test results come back OK.
    What a lovely dog you have! What a respectable age he has got to. I love it that you made him a card!
    Thanks for visiting and commenting,
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#29

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything comes out well for Steve. What a great birthday - a 15th birthday for a dog is quite an achievement.
    April #50

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I thought it was hot where I live. It's about 39 C here (100+ F today). Love how you treated your little dog. He may be getting up there in years, but it looks like he still has a lot of life left in him.

    Hope your hubby gets good news from the Dr. Thanks for visiting while I slept. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to Splodgey! Our older cat, Beatrice, had her 15th birthday yesterday too! It is our younger cat Phoebe's 12th birthday today! It's all birthdays here at the moment. I hope Steve has a good outcome to his tests. My hubby's brother is now home after triple bypass surgery and doing well. I love your creative space - it looks so light and airy, and so organised too!

    Thank you for your lovely comment, and your commiserations over my last treatment! Yes, it's been pretty grim. I'm seeing the oncologist tomorrow and maybe she'll have some suggestions. Next treatment on Friday. It gave me such a lift to get in the studio yesterday and actually create something - and to finish it too!!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Birthday Wishes to Splodgey. What a lucky boy he was with that card and a cupcake.
    Hope your sprays work out ok - mica needs to be stored on their side (I found that out last week) and good luck with the Brusho's.
    Hugs, Neet 18 (thanks for your visit to me)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello hope your DH is ok. Happy Birthday to your grand dog :-) I have grand guinea pigs that we sometimes look after. I couldn't stand those temps. It's been very hot here today - over 30. Too much for me. Anne x #31

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well looks like you had a lovely birthday celebration toO. I hope everything turns out well with the doctors and heart conditions Thanks for stopping by Peg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jan, WOYWW and thanks for the visit. I do have a desk and chair but half the time find myself standing too and don't stress too much about hubby, hope it all goes well though. Cheers RobynO#28

    ReplyDelete
  13. No cool place in the Netherlands either! That's why I visit your desk this morning as it is still cool... yesterday was indeed a very hot day here too, not good for my mood so I hope temps will drop soon. I don't know 'brushos' but good look trying and experimenting. Have a great day, stay cool! Hug from Holland, Marit #25

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed my visit Jan. I've been playing with Brushos recently with very mixed results. Not as simple as it looks. Your Grand-dog looks a dear little dog. I'm sure the cupcake went down well.Have a lovely week. Barbxx #36

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jan! I didn't get around to posting this week. I am really interested about what you have to say about the brushos. I have seen them on SCS and have looked for them locally. But after what you have said, I guess I don't need them. :) BTW, I stand most of the time to craft, unless I am coloring. I will be praying for you and Steve. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jan
    Back from Ireland and catching up with everyone whilst Rich is watching cricket ! Sorry to hear Steve's tests didn't go so well - hope he's okay. As you say it is always a worry when the menfolk aren't well ! I have had a little play with Brushos but haven't mastered it either ! Hope you can stay cool ! Love to you both Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jan, I love the effect that can be obtained with Brushos but I think I need to practice a bit more too ... I'm just a bit heavy handed with the powders I think. Hope all goes well for Steve and that the blood test proves to be okay. Your grand dog is lovely. Elizabeth x #43

    ReplyDelete