http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

WOYWW 340

Hello from a cloudy Spain, its been so long since I joined it took me a while to get into my blog. 
We've just come back from a two month visit to our sons in San Francisco, still getting our heads straight after being away so long, must admit we've had a great time with our family, especially our Grandsons who've both had birthdays while we were over. 

Its lovely to join in their every day lives, school run, going to swimming and piano lessons, a couple of visits to the cinema, had a amazing Halloween, seeing as I was the birthday girl that night I had to be a witch, Charlie 3 was a cute Batman and Joey was a shark, even walked through a full sized pirate ship in one garden, after two hours the boys had far too much candy so we made our way home.

I was volunteered by DIL to help at the art class one morning, we helped Joeys class make owl pictures with pasta and wool, this was Joeys finished piece, some of the girls were such perfectionists, I see a few future crafters amongst them



Of course I managed to spend quite a bit!! Some might say more than a bit but I had great fun perusing the web sites, must admit I bought more online, far more discounts I found this time, anyway you can all see for yourselves.


Very excited about the Crazy birds, I managed to get the stamps and dies and the accessories, I've seen loads of great cards using them so just hope I can do the same with them.
The jury is still out on the piercing dies and the Spellbinders enhancing Circles, not sure if that's the right name, anyway had a quick play with them, I didn't realise some of the set are just embossing shapes not cutting ones, takes a while to figure them out, or maybe my heads still spinning after all that travelling! 
Of course it took me two afternoons to put it all away, I had my sets of dies in a drawer laid out on magnetic sheets, having collected a few more I couldn't get them all in one drawer, after a whole afternoon I re-arranged them all, some are now on magnetic sheets in CD sleeves, for the moment!

I have a stamp folder and sheets from Clarity on its way with eldest son, he rang last night and asked if he could pop over Friday for five days, of course we were very pleased as we only had a one night stop over with him on our journey home, DIL isn't able to fly as they are expecting a baby next May,  we are to be Grand parents again which is such exciting news.

Before I say bye and seeing as it's that time of year, a photo of the Christmas card I made for our Grandsons, it's a shelf sitting Snowman, instructions can be found on the Splitcoast Stampers Tutorials.

Have a great weekend, I will try to visit as many desks as possible but now I have some cleaning to do before Friday

Jan x

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I also notice when crafting with kids that girls take more the time and are more detailed.Vicky(#6)

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite a pile you have there to get crafty!

    Thanks for visiting, your kind words and the snoop around!
    Robyn 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jan, I love all that stash! That took up one whole suitcase, didn't it? Hey, we both have Crazy Birds, now! I hope you have time to play a little VSN on Splitcoast Stampers this week-end!
    Your grandson might be an artist, too. How fun to help with his group in a craft project. So happy that you got to go on this trip to see your family. Happy WOYWW! #44

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan
    Great to have you back ! Wow what amazing stash - should keep you busy for a few months playing with everything ! Such happy news about your grandbaby being on the way - congratulations ! Take care & love to Steve Ali xx #50

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to see you Jan, sounds like you've had a wonderful time,you've certainly done some fab shopping...not surprised it took so long to put away! Hope you can find time to prepare for Christmas now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you back, Jan..so glad you had a fabulous time with your family! Crafting seems to be cheaper in the US, so I'm glad you filled your boots, so to speak!!
    Hugs, LLJ 16 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab holiday you sound to have had. San Fran is a lovely place- I believe the seals are no longer there, is that true? If you are anything like me it will take you a couple of weeks to get your head back in order.
    Of course one has to spend when in the USA, it's obligatory for crafters as there is so much stuff.
    Love the sitting Snowman - must look that oe up.
    Hugs and Thanks for calling in
    Neet 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one big shopping trip look at all those goodies
    Your little shelf snowman is fantastic I'm sure they will love them hugs Nikki 5

    ReplyDelete