http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

WOYWW 341

Hello again fellow deskers, didn't think I would make it, after a hectic day yesterday, early drive to Alicante to drop DS1 off, back home for doctors visit, we decided to have a leisurely morning starting with tea in bed, just started the washing machine going when I realised the water was going off so had to turn it off and decided to go for our walk, just arrived at the seafront and bumped into some friends who are over for two months so we all ordered coffee, next thing its 11.30 and we hadn't even had breakfast, honestly its all go when you are retired!!



So, one of my desks, I ordered a Clarity stamp folder and inserts while I was away but unfortunately it didn't arrive in time for me to bring home with me, good job really as I didn't realise it would be so heavy, I would have been really over weight with my luggage!
So yesterday afternoon I started transferring my stamps into the folder, not sure how it should be done but I've attached the stamp picture on the front of the insert and the stamps on the back, is that how it should be done???
I have more stamps than I thought so its a good job I ordered extra inserts, I seem to have loads of Christmas stamps! and as I have mentioned before stamping isn't really my thing, I am trying to enjoy it but I much prefer to do decoupage.


A view inside one drawer, I've tidied my dies so I could fit the new ones in, these are just the nesting ones, others are in a CD pocket on a piece of magnetic sheet, for now, I'm still looking for a system to save on room as I'm gradually running out of storage space, it doesn't help getting interested in mixed media as now I have paints, stencils,  etc, etc, I did buy a Clarity small stencil holder to save them being damaged floating around the drawer but need to sort out how to store all my paints and ink blending tools now, maybe when I do I will dare to show that drawer!

sorry I didn't manage to visit many desks last week, will try harder this week even if isn't until tomorrow, have to make a Lamb pie for tea now so see you later, thanks to those who left comments last week, it's good to be back.

Jan x

12 comments:

  1. Your retirement lifestyle sounds wonderful. And I can't stop drooling over those gorgeous nesting dies! Thanks for visiting mine. Sandy Leigh #34

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting earlier, Jan! I struggle with stamp storage myself. I mainly just have background and texture stamps, but I don't look after them properly at all. I never clean them and I just chuck them in a box. Eeeks! Gorgeous dies and so many! Enjoy your week! zsuzsa #35

    ReplyDelete
  3. So like to peek inside peoples drawers Lol! Storing stamps has always been a pain for me, just don't know the best way to do it so have them all over the place in different containers. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 25

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea in bed sounds lovely. How did we find time for it all before retirement? Peg 46

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your nesting dies! Wow, what a collection you have!

    P.S.: don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a bracelet and earrings jewelry set!

    Greetings, Sofie # 31
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing stash! So happy for your abundance of stamps and dies! You should be ready for lots of crafting in 2016! Thank you again for the amazing Christmas card! #50

    ReplyDelete
  7. Retirement sounds great! Love all of your dies and how you have them organized. April #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just having a tea in bed over here.
    Storage of any kind is always a problem but as you become more of a mixed media artist it gets worse. I store some of my dies in those ArtBin storage cases, Nice and neat. Stamps are in drawers and tins stuck on to laminated sheets. Hope this helps.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's great that you can just change plans like that and do what you want when you want to!! Bumping into your friends was fun eh? Those dies make a great pattern in the drawer..I wouldn't want to take one out and spoil the pattern, lol!!
    Hugs, LLJ 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, being retired is great! You never know how your day will pan out.
    That looks like a good storage system.You seem to have loads of stamps and dies!

    A belated happy WOYWW,
    Lisca#17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storage is always a problem, isn't it? That's a lot of nesting dies there :)

      Delete
  11. I read with interest the story of your day, and it sounded nearly as hectic as mine have been since Wednesday.

    I only have about 19 stamps, so I'm no help with stamp storage. I can get most of them in a single drawer in my roll around cart.

    You have a massive amount of nesting dies. I wouldn't know where to begin if I had those. I'd be afraid to use them because I might never get them back in the right spot. Happy very belated WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete