http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

WOYWW 364

 Cool start to our day but maybe not as cold as some of you are experiencing so I won't complain tooo much!
 For some reason I thought it was Thursday so when our friend rang I asked if he was ringing from Alicante Airport, it was only when he said no he wasn't leaving until tomorrow I realised I had skipped a day.

My desk this week, well it doesn't look like there's much going on as I had to tidy yesterday so I could find a space that was actually clean after colouring with inks, paints etc.
On my cupboard top where my cutter and scor pal sit, you might just see them underneath, on the left some free papers from my craft mag and a card I'm making for a friend who it turning 50 next month, spent ages stamping the flowers and colouring them, couldn't quite get the colour the match the colour of the card so ended up with about six altogether.
The other side, in the hopes of doing some scrap pages I opened my smash book, that's as far as I've got with it, I seem to get easily distracted at the moment starting one card and jumping on to another when the idea I had fizzles out, I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. The paper on the top is where I write my points for the stamp 2 spend challenge over on Splitcoast stampers.

 Not sure if I mentioned the purchase of some multiple photo frames, well I'm still looking for two more photos from my extensive collection and of course I have to pick one of each of them, I'm not rushing as I hate the next job which will be how to hang them, straight, staggered, really can't be bothered with that at the moment.


I'm determined to use up odd pieces of card so I've left this container out to remind myself, unfortunately that is only a small selection of bits I've saved! That's a good thing about die cutting versus Cricut you can easily use the smaller pieces and the bonus is I use the off cuts to light the fire, so no waste at all.

Thanks for all your lovely comments last week, they are much appreciated.
Happy WOYWW

Jan x

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who 'loses' days!! You've got some interesting projects on the go, Jan, especially the frames :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often lose days so you are not alone there!
    I organise my scraps every so often and am ruthless and throw out smaller than 3x3 inch squares as I know I won't use them. I am having more success in using the scraps this way. Plus colour coding them is a good idea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Catherine x
    #19

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often lose days so you are not alone there!
    I organise my scraps every so often and am ruthless and throw out smaller than 3x3 inch squares as I know I won't use them. I am having more success in using the scraps this way. Plus colour coding them is a good idea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Catherine x
    #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo stash sounds like mine. I have loads of photos needing frames, scrapbooking, documenting lol. I love taking photos. It drives my family mad sometimes. I seem to have a load of scraps from projects - should drag out my big shot. It's been a while lol.

    Have a good week
    Sharon K#52

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh yes, the box of leftover bits--and they're always GOOD bits, too, so why don't they get used up??

    Happy woyww to you!
    :)trisha
    #56 this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy WOYWW. Scraps - I have 3 boxes of them. I do use them in most projects though, so not a total waste of time keeping them. Ali x #45

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy WOYWW! I made it today! That looks like an interesting stencil. I have been trying to use bits and pieces of leftovers on my cards lately, too. I think it can really add interest to our cards and projects. :) Don't know what number I might be, try 68. 67 was wrong, unless Julia changes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a beautiful flower image! Use scraps to light a fire huh? never thought of that. what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the same way about waste as you, I save all my paper scraps and try to find creative ways to use them. However, I had never though about using them to light the fireplace. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely understand about the fuzzies. I right myself notes trying to stay on track. Thanks for the visit Peg 71

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of using left over die cuts for lighting the fire, very resourceful
    kyla

    ReplyDelete