http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

WOYWW 351

Happy WOYWW, hope all you fellow deskers are keeping well, warm and dry.
 We've had some mixed weather here, cool starts, very cloudy but by lunchtime the sun is out and it's been lovely and warm, of course the only cold evenings we've had have been Sundays,(football)  last Sunday I had to break out my padded long coat, used at the most three evenings per year but the wind was so cold, we even took some soup, homemade Butternut Squash, for half time.

 Before I show you my desk, I happened to read Julia's post about notebooks last week, well I love them too and judging from the comments so do quite a few of you so I thought I would show my small collection. I can never pass one without wondering what I could use it for, I bought one in Joann's last year, lovely cover with bowls and wooden spoons on the front, I thought it was a recipe book, why that would tempt me when I very rarely do the cooking is the question Steve asked but I couldn't resist it,  you know how they put dollar bits and bobs right along where you wait in line to pay, gets me every time.


I have a few as you can see, the two last items are my Tim Holtz stamps, still waiting for me to buy the case to store them in and my Clarity Stencil Case which is great for storing the small stencils in. 
The Zyron machine is something I always wanted!!!
I've only used it a couple of times for tiny items so thank goodness I didn't splurge on the big one!


This one I really like as it was a gift, along with lots of other things from our DIL's Aunt when we went over to meet them for the first time in Poland three years ago, I haven't used it yet as I don't want to spoil it, LOL, 
The others are a very old address book,  birthday book, jotter and a journal.


Not too much happening here on my desk, just printed some decoupage House Mouse images for a Birthday card, I had to put all the La Pashe sheets into a plastic folder, just showing beneath, I got a bit carried away so they are ready and waiting to be fussy cut when the mood takes me.

That's me for this week, Happy WOYWW and thanks for all your lovely comments, they are much appreciated.
Jan x




14 comments:

  1. That notebook from Poland is pretty interesting. I wonder what the words say lol. I buy notebooks for my Mom. She has so many everywhere that she writes herself notes..then loses the book. But if I get the cute little ones for her then I have an excuse for buying them right? Shel/PaperOcotilloStudio #48

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any notebooks.. Oh yes, I have. I use A4 size large notebooks to write my diary in. The pages have to be big as I also stick all my till receipts in there, so I can always find something.
    I also have a Xyron. I do use it but like you, only for little fiddly bits and I find it quite useful, especially for lettering.
    Your decoupage looks lovely. Most paople don't 'do' fussy cutting but I find it quite relaxing to sit out in the sun and do some cutting.
    Thanks for visiting mine,
    Happy WOYWW,
    and have a good week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your notebook looks cool. good luck on your fussy cutting.
    Have a great day!

    Diane WOYWW #44

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the notebook, and I too once bought a lot of decoupage sheets, then discovered I LOATHE fussy cutting! So they sat in a box for a few years. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see your notebook collection. It *is* hard to decide how to use one that is very distinctive and impossible to replace. Perhaps as a travel journal if you ever go back to Poland? Brave woman, fussy cutting those House Mouse images!!! Happy WOYWW - Laura #60

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there should be a sub-group in WOYWW....Notebooks Anonymous! The amount of deskers with a secret notebook habit is amazing. I live that you took soup to the footie...far more healthy than pies :-D
    Hugs, LLJ 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan good to hear your news! I seem to be travelling constantly just at the moment with no time for crafting or blogging! Tonight I am in a hotel in Llandudno for a Welsh Government conference tomorrow! Oh the glamour! Not! Hopefully I will get back to my work desk this weekend! Love Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love notebooks. Actually I love stationary of any kind. Always have. There used to be this fantastic stationary shop in Ipswich I used to visit as a kid. I loved buying pens and books. Sigh. It's not there any more.
    I love the card I see on your desk. It's looking fun.

    Sharon K #47

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am a notebook lover and I do use them for all sorts of things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made it to the party! LOL I like notebooks too, and hoard them! My number this weeks is my age! 70

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am a sucker for notebooks. I have lots and they are all over the place. I don't know what attracts me to them as some are not great as far as the covers are concerned. If I ever get them all together I will take a photograph.
    Hugs, Neet 4 xx
    ps I DID buy the large Xyron and I hardly ever use it. What are we like?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read that post too about notebooks and I am in the same cathegorie as you are. Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great week!
    Sussie nr 50

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay... did you explain you might use that journal for crafty recipes ;-) There. Bailed you out. LOL Poor Steve as we gang up on him. I'll try to remember to show a pic of my journals next week. Hugs and Creative Blessings! Kel #62

    ReplyDelete
  14. Busy desk!! I have a lot of notebooks too and use them for various and sundry reasons. I have several sizes of the Xyrons also and use them a lot. The purple one you have I use to run ribbon and flat pieces for card fronts. I have a 9" one I can laminate, makes magnets, and glue larger card fronts. Fun stuff. Have a great week....or what's left of it! Thanks for stopping by my desk earlier! I am a bit late getting around! Vickie #66

    ReplyDelete