http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/scs2/attach/txt.gif

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

WOYWW 354

A quick post this week, I'm in the middle of making some marmalade, Pink Grapefruit. We have so many on the tree I thought I'd better use some, even though I must have pick 5 kilos and given Kilos away there's loads still on the tree, 


One side of my room, I've been doing the Scrap Lift challenge, our trip to Salamanca July 2014, as usual I  had everything out and then in the middle of glueing everything in place I suddenly realised I hadn't made an Easter card for our Grandsons, I saw a video showing how to make a slider card but of course I didn't have any stamps or dies used so I had to improvise, in the end I did manage to use some foam bits I've had for quite a few years.




I used the Paperartsy stamps to make a Background,
stuck on a few foam flowers and chick, the Egg is
also foam, I made the sentiment on the computer as I don't possess any Easter stamps apart from the bunny on my desk that I stamped but didn't use in the end.





The other side, I've been busy cutting parts for a baby card that didn't go to plan so now on to plan B, or is that E!!
I wanted to make a start as my plan was to do a name book but it's working our too big bearing in mind it will have to go by post.
Our Son rang last night to say there's a problem so our DIL will be having a C section on April 29th, a week earlier than due date.

 You all probably think I'm mad when I still  have six weeks but I'm not one who can rush these things, I'll most likely be on plan Y before I've finished, LOL

Well off to make a mess of the kitchen, until next week, have a good weekend, it's Fathers Day here this weekend so big celebrations, fun fair, giant speakers the size of wardrobes on the seafront, only in Spain!!
 We are hoping to catch a glimpse of a Military parade that's on next week, intrigued as it involves a goat???? 

Jan x








18 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, far better to start early and give yourself plenty of time for changes! Love the sound of your marmalade, I used to buy Grapefruit marmalade, also Lime, Lemon, and Lemon and Lime. I can't stand oranges in any form. Unfortunately, I'm now on blood pressure tablets, and grapefruit is not allowed, as it reacts badly with it.Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #19xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweet Easter card you made for your grandson. The grapefruit marmalade sounds like a yummy treat over buttered toast. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, again, Jan. hehe Grapefruit marmalade? Interesting. Guess it works - it is citrus. Glad I could inspire you with the found video. Turned out great! Creative Blessings and hugs - Kel #53

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan. Pink grapefruit marmalade sounds wonderful. And to have your own fruit with which to make it! Amazing!! Er - did you say GOAT???! My word - is it a mascot?
    Trust all goes well when the time comes for the little one to be born. Enjoy making the book - am in sympathy with your early start - I hate having last minute panics and rushes!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute slider card you made! Looks like so much fun!
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #32

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, just had a glass of pink grapefruit cordial here - my favourite drink, so you can guess how I feel about it in a marmalade form. Yummy!
    That is a cute slider card you have made - good luck with the next one.
    Hugs and Thank You for visiting me earlier - Neet 18 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Easter card. It turned out great! Have fun making the marmalade. It sounds like quite a job!

    Sharon K #45

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a last line and a half! I wonder if the goat is a military mascot or tea?! I'm very envious of you having pink grapefruit trees in your garden. How wonderful!!
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely bright and cheerful Easter card! It must be lovely to have the weather to grow your own grapefruit - very envious
    Bernice #20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jan the Easter card is great fun! I love those Paperartsy stamps and the chicken is cute! How wonderful to be picking the grapefruit & straight into the kitchen to make the marmalade -very jealous! Enjoy the festival! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy marmalade making! Love the card and you can't beat Paperartsy stamps. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grapefruit marmalade? That sounds lovely! Have a wonderful time, and show us some photos of that--and your tree--I'm getting awfully nosy, sorry . . .

    Happy woyww!
    :)trisha
    #52 this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh! That marmalade sounds interesting. Bet it's really tasty. That's a great Easter card too. Now you've got me wanting to plant a grapefruit tree too.
    Sharon xx #10

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's hope the goat is just the Mascot!! I'm often on plan Y before I give up and decide it'll do, so you aren't alone! The grapefruit marmalade sounds lovely...however many you end up giving away, how lovely to be able to grow them...can't do that in rural Wiltshire!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! Pink grapefruit marmelade! We can´t grow grapefruit, or any sort of citrus (apart from some bitter oranges in a sheltered spot). Although we live in the south (near Granada) because of the altitude we have very cold winters. Never mind.
    Oh yes, plan D and E etc I know all about that!
    I didn´t know it was Father´s Day here. I still have time to think of something nice for my DH. I think there will be processions here as it is Palm Sunday so they might combine and do a parade as well.
    Thanks for your visit yesterday and sorry for the late reply,
    Belated happy WOYWW,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated WOYWW and yummy pink grapefruit and you must be just busy with doing that so extra time for planning things out what I do at times too always with back up plans hen I lose the first plan of action. Lol also wanted to say your slider card is super cute. Have a great week. Hugs~Anne L#36

    ReplyDelete
  17. That marmalade sounds gorgeous and crafting too, you are a busy bee.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jan you have everyone drooling over the marmalade, but not me, everyone can have my share. Don't like Marmalades, or grapefruit much but love other citrus, isn't it funny. Plan X is ok by the six week mark but not run out of plans...as you saw on my post I can feel for you in it all. We crafters do struggle sometimes.Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #5

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete